Employee Experience Assistant
Swirl is seeking an upbeat and outgoing Employee Experience Assistant to join our rapidly growing Operations team! Whisking together all departments through various cultural initiatives, as well as a focus on employee experience through onboarding and human resources administration. The Employee Experience Assistant is also a “gatekeeper” to the agency culture, setting the tone and experience for clients and visitors as they walk in; ensuring the seamless day-to-day workings of the office. This person must keep a positive, can-do attitude, with an ear and eye to anticipating needs and a willingness to pitch in as required to keep the agency running smoothly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leadership and Management at Reception
- Reside and own the Reception area and experience!
- Update and manage phone list, client list, reception documents, reception credenza, etc.
- Provide general office administrative support as needed, which could include arranging for messengers, preparing packages for shipping, and general administrative duties.
- Leadership and Partnership with Event, Cultural & Office Initiatives
- Manage birthday card routing and distributing
- Manage weekly Agency Agenda meeting
- Plan onsite and offsite events for clients and employees, including but not limited to: monthly happy hours, birthday lunches, Speaker Series, holiday initiatives, wellness activities, and volunteer days.
- Assist Employee Relations Manager & Chief Culture Officer in planning quarterly celebrations.
- Partner with Communications Director to create content for swirl.net.
- Partnership and Support with HR
- Put together new employee binders, and update content appropriately.
- Create & coordinate first week schedules and work with Onboarding team to ensure success.
- Update swirl.net People page, and keep accurate record of employee information and status.
- Assist HR department with file management, when necessary.
- Assist Recruiting Lead in interview scheduling, and help facilitate onsite coordination, if needed.
- Partnership with Facilities Manager + Operations Team
- Be a collaborative member of the Operations Team.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in maintaining orderly appearance of agency - paying special attention to: conference rooms and Lobby area.
- Assist in setting up new employee work stations with Swirl swag. Manage and monitor inventory of all new-employee related items.
- Organize mail and packages for staff; from time to time, assist Facilities Manager with delivering and distributing.
We're looking for people with:
- Customer-service driven attitude; punctual, professional, positive and solutions-oriented
- Ability to multitask and stay organized while juggling multiple projects
- Attentive and active listener with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within and contribute to a busy team environment
- Proven ability to work well in an office environment and on a team, executing multiple projects at once
- Hospitality or event planning experience a plus
- Interest in advertising or marketing a plus
- Interest in human resources and recruiting a plus
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, Sprint, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
-A culture of excellence
-Exciting collaborative environment
-A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
-Access to executive leadership
-Autonomy and the room to make decisions
-The runway to maximize your ability
-A great culture for the fun and curious
-Training to continue to improve and grow