CRM/Data-Driven Marketing Director
Swirl is looking for a CRM/Data-Driven Marketing Director to help lead across a variety of clients and continue to build out and refine our CRM/data-driven marketing capabilities and practice. He/She should be comfortable collaborating closely cross-department, pitching and selling in strategy, and have prior experience building and effectively managing a team. The CRM/Data-Driven Marketing Director will play a critical role in helping the agency continue to exceed current client expectations as well as bring in new revenue in the CRM/data-driven marketing space. He/She should have experience with a wide range of email campaigns and with campaign automation and/or ESP tools with a variety of features. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Providing guidance and selling in strategy on how to maximize current and prospective relationships through the use of CRM.
· Planning, selling through, managing and delivering mutli-channel, digital CRM marketing campaigns.
· Strategy and development of email campaigns including welcome, acquisition, loyalty/brand building, retention, win-back/lapsed user, and triggered messaging.
· Defining metrics and performance standards of campaigns based on client business objectives, and tracking towards those goals; ensure return on investment.
· Proficiency using analytics tools and problem solving around performance issues.
· Progressive profiling, collection and analysis of data on target audiences; ensure campaigns and messaging are being tailored as appropriate.
· Recommendations and expertise in using campaign automation and/or ESP tools with features including segmentation, trigger based campaigns, A/B testing, and QA.
· Effectively collaborating internally across a variety of departments, including Account Management, Strategy, Production, Tech/Product, and Creative.
· Continuing to build strong client relationships that yield to new business opportunities.
· Pitching and winning new business opportunities in the CRM/data-driven marketing space.
· Strategically building out the right team to support this area of the business and effectively managing them to ensure they are delivering on expectations and meeting their own goals.
· Staying abreast of new and emerging technology and sharing out recommendations and insights with internal teams and clients regularly.
We’re looking for people with:
· 10+ years of experience in CRM/digital marketing; agency or in-house experience.
· Excellent technical knowledge of CRM and analytical systems.
· Expertise and understanding of CRM principles in the B2B and B2C spaces.
· Proven track record of building, leading, and managing teams/nurturing more junior talent.
· Ability to develop great rapport internally cross-departments and externally with clients.
· Ability to lead from above, while also able to jump into the day-to-day weeds of work, leading by example
· Excellent presentation skills
· Resourceful, organized, self-motivated and productive
· Bachelor’s degree
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, DocuSign, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Box, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
· A culture of excellence
· Passionate colleagues
· Fair compensation
· Exciting collaborative environment
· A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
· Access to executive leadership
· Autonomy and the room to make decisions
· The runway to maximize your ability
· A great culture for the fun and curious