Swirl is seeking a talented UX Designer to join our rapidly growing team. This person will translate creative work using a knowledge of customers that ensures the highest quality user interface and user experience for all digital assignments. The UI/UX Designer will work collaboratively with Creative, Technology, and Account on a variety of high profile accounts, spanning retail, tech, and even a brand whose mission is to help reduce global warming. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with Creative Directors to create the most engaging and satisfying interactive experience. Ensure that the user is consuming information in the proper manner and in turn, achieving the client marketing objectives.
- Leverage sketches, sitemaps, user-flow diagrams, mental models, user research, website analytics and other means to create and improve the interactive experience. Ensure that the user is always the fulcrum of every engagement.
- Organize information to create visualizations of content that achieve the brand's objective through sequencing and relating elements; prepare storyboards, applying principles of human-computer interaction, comprehension, learning, and aesthetics.
- Develop prototypes to create an innovative look and feel to concepts; structure information filtering/retrieval, coordinate scripts and graphics with writers and designers, test prototypes, observe usability, and define specifications to improve the quality and effectiveness of the creative product to accomplish brand objectives.
- Provide expertise and collaborate with internal constituents to train the agency staff and clients on UI/UX best practices and procedures.
- Explore, advance, and provide cutting-edge solutions to meet internal and external goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with and support client relationships through guidance and digital expertise to ensure expectations and creative deliverables are being met. Anticipate internal business unit and client needs through thought leadership, issue resolution, and solution innovation.
We're looking for people with:
- 5+ years of equivalent creative or technical background
- Web user interface design, object-oriented design (OOD), analysis, usability Testing, web programming skills, web graphic design, understanding browser capabilities
- Excellent customer focus
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in the industry of advertising and marketing a plus
- Professionalism and a positive, cheerful attitude
- Ability to multi-task and keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and sound problem-solving abilities
- Accountability and follow-through
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work within and contribute to a proactive team environment
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, DocuSign, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Box, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow