Social Media Strategist
As part of the quickly growing Strategy team at Swirl, the Social Media Strategist will define how social platforms and channels are used as part of a broader marketing plan to address our clients’ business needs and challenges. The ideal candidate is continually up to speed on best practices in social, audience behaviors, trends and emerging social platforms, and is able to define, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy that can be followed through in execution by creative teams, partners and community managers.
The role is a critical part of Swirl’s broader strategic offering and will work in direct collaboration with colleagues in planning, brand, data, content and communications strategies, contributing to the success of accounts ranging from early-stage startups to well-established brands across both consumer and B2B clients.
- Proactively monitor trends in both personal and commercial use of social media; stay current on usage rules and best practices, new and emerging platforms, and experiment with social media tools, applications and campaigns
- Develop, document and persuasively present comprehensive social strategies, including channel plans, content priorities, editorial calendars as they relate to both day-to-day and campaign-based social needs
- Analyze and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of social marketing programs
- Possess a deep and rigorous understanding of paid and organic social use cases, opportunities and best practices across major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and SnapChat
- Execute social listening initiatives, including the definition of queries and audiences, and the capture, distillation, and communication of key insights
- Work closely with planning, brand, data, content and communications strategy colleagues to identify and create programs and promotions to engage audiences within the social media and community space that align with clients’ objectives
- Identify and recommend tools required to meet the needs of the Social Media Strategist’s responsibilities
- Partner with Swirl’s Account, Creative, Media and Data teams, clients and partners, to implement social media campaigns
- Work in collaboration with Swirl’s Media team to coordinate paid social activities
- Work in collaboration with Swirl’s Data/Analytics team to manage reporting to quantify and qualify effectiveness of campaigns
We're looking for people with:
- 4+ years experience in social strategy, community management or closely related role, ideally in an agency environment or commensurate client-side position
- Strong command of MS Office Suite; Mac/PC fluency required
- Highly organized, efficient verbal/written communicator and proactive leader
- Ability to work well independently and on teams
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, Sprint, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
-A culture of excellence
-Exciting collaborative environment
-A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
-Access to executive leadership
-Autonomy and the room to make decisions
-The runway to maximize your ability
-A great culture for the fun and curious
-Training to continue to improve and grow