Associate Creative Director, Digital Direct Response
Swirl is looking for an Associate Creative Director with an intense passion for data-driven, human focused creative. With a strong writing background, this performance-driven individual will champion the design and production of all digital direct response marketing from start to finish. This newly defined role will provide an exciting opportunity to drive and define the role of creative in how we use data to do more effective marketing and will be an integral part of a dynamic CRM and data-driven insights team.
- Manage the creative design, copy and production process for all digital direct response media including emails, landing pages, on-site pop-ups, and display and social marketing.
- Build, QA and deliver fully adaptive html campaigns, templates, and modules that work across major email clients and devices.
- Build beautiful creative while keeping growth marketing and customer acquisition in mind.
- Innovate designs and dynamic ads that drive response.
- Translate campaigns into multi-channel assets.
- Champion A/B and other testing methodologies for assigned campaigns; partner closely with internal teams to create a large variety of designs for testing purposes.
- Be a strong and passionate ambassador within the agency for direct response creative best practices and tactics.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in digital creative and/or web development roles, with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Strong writing background – specifically developing messaging to drive response.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, other modules of Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch.
- Knowledge of best practices in direct response acquisition and e-commerce.
- Sound understanding of UI/UX standards and responsive design.
- Familiarity with requirements and restrictions on various advertising platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Self-starter who is customer-obsessed and detail-oriented.
- An enthusiastic team player.
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, Sprint, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
-A culture of excellence
-Exciting collaborative environment
-A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
-Access to executive leadership
-Autonomy and the room to make decisions
-The runway to maximize your ability
-A great culture for the fun and curious
-Training to continue to improve and grow