swirl | mcgarrybowen is looking for an entrepreneurial, agile-minded, passionate Resource Manager. This person will provide support and organization to a number of agency departments—Creative, Studio, Production, Technology, UX, Strategy, etc. Partnering closely with the Director of Production Operations and Head of Talent, the Resource Manager will evaluate incoming assignments, resource and assign projects, and play a supportive role in ensuring swirl | mcgarrybowen consistently delivers the best work, in the most productive way. This person will also be critical to attracting, engaging, and maintaining relationships with freelance talent.
· Support and help maintain a successful, productive and efficient resource management function for Creative, Production, Technology, UX, Strategy teams. Other departments as needed, based on the evolution of the agency and the business.
· Run weekly resource meeting with Production Team and appropriate department heads.
· Monitor day-to-day project activities, tracking changes and identifying potential instances of under-utilization; actively proposing solutions to those issues to the Director of Operations and Head of Talent.
· Maintain and update project tracking grid.
· Assist in the sourcing, hiring, and development of a freelance bench of talent that aligns with key agency offerings. Includes Creative, Production, Technology, UX, UI, Strategy, etc.
· Partner with HR and Finance to generate and maintain contracts for all temp employees, independent contractors, etc.
· Support Director of Production Operations, Director of Account Service, and other agency leadership to derive and evaluate the data on the quarterly FTE tracker which serves as an all-up view of the upcoming project landscape.
· Become well-versed in each team member’s strength, experience and passion so as to best match team members against projects.
· Work with department leadership to audit, recommend and improve workflow where possible.
· Understand team dynamics; participate in continual efforts to improve agency processes and increase productivity; coming up with ideas to help us run more smoothly.
· Serve as orientation lead for all new freelance employees. Develop and implement more efficient client-by-client on-boarding.
· Create a positive environment daily where creativity can flourish.
· Help drive and maintain the agency culture.
· Attend industry events; be a swirl | mcgarrybowen brand ambassador.
We're looking for people with:
· 3-5+ years HR, recruiting and/or project management experience; experience with the resource management function in an advertising agency or similar creative environment ideal
· Familiarity with creative agency workflow, roles, skill sets and synergies
· Ability to plan ahead—regularly review, forecast and re-forecast project resource needs
· Ability to navigate high-pressure situations, identify problems + solutions, and escalate as needed
· Highly-effective communication skills (verbal, written and listening); proven ability to build consensus and effortlessly enhance team morale
· Experience in working with multiple levels of talent and ability to tailor interactions to be as effective as possible
· Experience with HRIS, resourcing and/or project management tools
· Incredibly strong interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills
· Positive by default, ability to use strong judgement when navigating grey areas, and proven track record of finding creative solutions to challenging problems
· Strong command of MS Office Suite; experience with Workamajig, Workday, Smartsheet a plus but not required
Who are we?
Located in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, Sprint, CA Technologies, Intel, Clorox, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us
· A culture of excellence – talent + compassion
· Passionate colleagues
· Fair compensation
· Exciting collaborative environment
· A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
· Access to executive leadership
· Autonomy and the room to make decisions
· The runway to maximize your ability
· A great culture for the fun and curious
· Training to continue to improve and grow