Creative Resource Manager
Swirl is looking for an entrepreneurial, agile-minded, passionate Creative Resource Manager. The Creative Resource Manager will provide management and organization to the Creative Department, partnering closely with the ECD and Director of Production to manage creative deliverables; resourcing and assigning projects - ensuring Swirl delivers the best work, in the most productive way. This person will also be critical to attracting and engaging freelance creative talent.
- Resource management for creative, production and technology teams.
- Run weekly resource meeting with Production Team and appropriate department heads.
- Monitor day-to-day project activities, tracking changes and identifying potential instances of underutilization; actively solving those issues.
- Maintain and update project tracking grid.
- Source, hire and develop a freelance bench of talent that aligns with key agency offerings. Includes creative, production, technology, UX, and UI.
- Become well versed in each team member’s strength, experience and passion so as to best match team members against projects.
- Work with department leadership to audit, recommend and improve workflow.
- Understand team dynamics; facilitate agency process and increase productivity; coming up with ideas to help us run more smoothly.
- Helps drive and maintain the agency culture.
- Serve as orientation lead for all new and freelance Creative employees. Develop and implement more efficient client-by-client onboarding.
- Create a positive environment daily where creativity can flourish.
- Attend industry events; be a Swirl brand ambassador.
We're looking for people with:
- 4+ years’ creative services/project management experience; agency experience ideal
- Deep understanding of agency creative workflow, skillsets and synergies
- Ability to plan ahead - regularly review, forecast and reforecast your project resource needs
- Ability to navigate high-pressure situations, identify problems + solutions, and escalate as needed
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in management of multiple levels of creative talent
- Demonstrated experience with resourcing and project management tools
- Incredible interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills
- Positive by default and excels in finding creative solutions
- Strong command of MS Office Suite; experience with ATS platforms and WKMG ideal
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, Sprint, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
-A culture of excellence
-Exciting collaborative environment
-A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
-Access to executive leadership
-Autonomy and the room to make decisions
-The runway to maximize your ability
-A great culture for the fun and curious
-Training to continue to improve and grow