Community Manager/Social Strategist
Freelance or FT
Swirl | mcgarrybowen is looking for a Community Manager/Social Strategist to join our team; working on an exciting span of business at our beautiful office in the Presidio. The ideal candidate has a blend of direct community management experience and social strategy experience. Additionally, we look for the candidate to be up to speed on best practices in social, audience behaviors, trends and emerging social platforms. We love candidates who can bring a diverse perspective to our agency and the roles we are hiring for.
The role will work in direct collaboration with colleagues in planning, brand, data, content and communications strategies, contributing to the success of a key account, from offering day-to-day community management support, reporting on trends and observations to inform a forward-thinking and responsive social strategy that harmonizes with the brand style guide. This role reports to the Head of CRM.
- Offer day-to-day Community Management and Engagement/Response for a key Food/Health brand (a household name!)
- Stay current on usage rules, best practices, tools and platform technology and new and emerging platforms
- Develop, document and persuasively present status reports based on observations from community engagement, including channel plans, content priorities, editorial calendars as they relate to both day-to-day and campaign-based social needs
- Analyze and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of social marketing programs
- Possess and cultivate a contemporary understanding of paid and organic social use cases, opportunities and best practices across major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Assist in executing social listening initiatives, including the definition of queries and audiences, and the capture, distillation, and communication of key insights
- Work closely with planning, brand, data, content and communications strategy colleagues to identify and create programs and promotions to engage audiences within the social media and community space that align with clients’ objectives
- Identify and recommend tools required to meet the needs of the Community Management function
- Partner with swirl | mcgarrybowen's Account, Creative, Media and Data teams, clients and partners, to implement and monitor social media campaigns
- Work in collaboration with swirl | mcgarrybowen's Media team to coordinate paid social activities
- Work in collaboration with swirl | mcgarrybowen's Data/Analytics team to manage reporting to quantify and qualify effectiveness of campaigns
We're looking for people with:
- 3-4+ years of experience in social strategy, community management or closely related role, ideally in an agency environment or commensurate client-side position.
- Strong command of MS Office Suite; Mac/PC fluency required
- Experience with Sprinklr (or similar publication tool)
- Previous mid-level client contact
- Documented ability to develop essential social deliverables such as POVs, Channel Strategies, and Content Strategies. (Work samples may be required.)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, efficient verbal/written communicator
- Ability to work well independently and on teams
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Foodies and/or a passion for health and wellness is a plus!
Who are we?
With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, swirl|mcgarrybowen is a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, CA Technologies, Intel, Clorox, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The San Francisco YMCA, PG&E and more!
What you can expect from us
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow