Content Marketing Strategist
As part of the quickly growing Strategy team at Swirl, the Content Marketing Strategist will define how content is used as part of a broader marketing plan to address our clients’ business needs and challenges. The ideal candidate is continually up to speed on best practices in content marketing, trends and emerging opportunities to connect high-quality content to a target audience.
Responsibilities include the ability to define, develop and implement a comprehensive content marketing strategy that can be followed through in execution by creative, media, and production teams. The role is a critical part of Swirl’s broader strategic offering and will work in direct collaboration with colleagues in planning, brand, data, social, CRM and communications strategies, contributing to the success of accounts ranging from early-stage startups to well-established brands across both consumer and B2B clients.
- Understand and execute against core principles of content marketing including content definitions, content creation/acquisition models, atomization and distribution strategies, and calendarization
- Develop, document and persuasively present comprehensive Content Marketing strategies to internal and client stakeholders
- Analyze and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of Content Marketing programs
- Possess a deep and rigorous understanding of content marketing use cases, opportunities and best practices in both paid and organic situations
- Work closely with planning, brand, data, social, CRM and communications strategy colleagues to integrate content programs that align with clients’ objectives
- Identify and recommend tools required to meet the needs of the Content Marketing Strategist’s responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with Swirl’s IA-focused Content specialists to ensure integration and coherence across all client content activities
- Collaborate closely with Social Strategy and Media teams to tightly coordinate distribution of content in both paid and organic situations
- Work in collaboration with Swirl’s Data/Analytics team to manage reporting to quantify and qualify effectiveness of content
We're looking for people with:
- 4+ years experience in content strategy or closely-related role, ideally in an agency environment or commensurate client-side position
- Strong command of MS Office Suite; Mac/PC fluency required
- Highly organized, efficient verbal/written communicator and proactive leader
- Ability to work well independently and on teams
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, Sprint, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
-A culture of excellence
-Exciting collaborative environment
-A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
-Access to executive leadership
-Autonomy and the room to make decisions
-The runway to maximize your ability
-A great culture for the fun and curious
-Training to continue to improve and grow