Director of Search
Swirl is seeking a Director of Search to help us continue to strategically build upon our already quickly growing search practice. The Director should have a proven track record of leading teams, collaborating and educating cross-departments, and helping create strong client relationships that yield new business opportunities for the agency. The role requires someone who can provide thought leadership from a high level, but also jump into the weeds day-to-day to assist the current close-knit team, continuing to train them and leading by example. He/She should be well-versed in SEM and SEO, maintaining a deep understanding of planning and technology. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving --Media team currently committed to growing out its search and biddable practice for our top tier clients. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work closely with Media team at large, Finance, Account Management, Creative, Production and Tech to provide effective, creative solutions to client needs. Develop rapport with all internal teams and help educate on best search practices/industry trends.
· Quickly identify business requirements and develop strategies that are unified through planning, technology and measurement; manage the strategic components of integrated SEM/SEO campaigns along with other biddable media as appropriate.
· Help shape and articulate the agency’s views on customer segmentation, media strategy tactics and execution.
· Oversee forecasting and performance projections for SEM and SEO, ensuring strategic alignment against overall performance objectives. Collaborate with Analytics to ensure monthly and quarterly campaign reporting is tied to valuable insights and optimization recommendations.
· Serve as day-to-day client contact, owning and clearly responding to client questions and issues related to media. Ensure client needs are being heard and met by Search team.
· Develop strong, trusting client relationships, helping to mine for new business opportunities; consistently look for ways to expand the agency’s search services to clients. Partner with Media Directors to formulate digital strategies, including drafting and presenting organic growth opportunities.
· Manage and mentor a more junior Search team who work across a variety of clients. Help more junior talent achieve their goals by crafting with them a career growth plan within the agency. Conduct one-on-ones as needed with individual team members to ensure their continued growth and that their work is of the highest quality.
· Manage the overall Search team utilization and quality of work, creating and incorporating best practices to ensure flawless execution.
· Stay abreast of new developments in SEM/SEO/Paid Social and overall digital media specific to current clients, sharing opportunities for brands to use new and emerging technology and tactics.
We’re looking for people with:
· 7+ years experience in SEM/SEO specifically; agency experience preferred
· Experience in paid social and other biddable media is a very “nice to have”
· Proven track record leading teams and mentoring/nurturing more junior media talent
· Ability to develop great rapport internally cross-departments and externally with clients
· Exceptional communication and collaboration skills; natural ability to lead and inspire others
· Ability to lead from above, while also able to jump into the day-to-day weeds of the work, leading by example
· Excellent presentation skills
· Resourceful, organized, self-motivated, and productive
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, DocuSign, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Box, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us
· A culture of excellence
· Passionate colleagues
· Fair compensation
· Exciting collaborative environment
· A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
· Access to executive leadership
· Autonomy and the room to make decisions
· The runway to maximize your ability
· A great culture for the fun and curious
· Training to continue to improve and grow