Financial Scala Engineer
SwissBorg is a fintech company based in Lausanne, Switzerland and is building the new era of wealth management on the blockchain. Developed by a team of financial experts, we are decentralized to the world with teams in Toronto, Tokyo and London and operate as a meritocracy.
We recently completed our successful ICO and are now following our community-driven roadmap, rapidly expanding and growing our workforce.
We are offering you the opportunity to join our team as Financial Scala engineer: if you like fast-paced environments, agile thinking and flexible work policy, this is your chance to apply!
- Write server-side Scala code to build a scalable infrastructure capable of handling digital cash and crypto-currency transactions for smartphone users all around the world.
- Identify requirements for backend architecture design and API with the engineering team.
- Integrate with multiple crypto exchanges, focusing on high scalability.
- Solve algorithmical challenging problems in the context of finance and distributed systems.
- Write rigorous automated tests and ensure code quality and documentation.
- Optimize the code for performance.
Skills and requirements
- Expertise in Scala a must
- Experience with JVM technologies, RDBMs, cloud architectures. Cassandra and Kafka a plus
- Knowledge about the CQRS/Event Sourcing architecture
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial thinking - customer value should be your key driver
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills. French is a plus
- Experience in the finance industry a plus
- Freedom to create, build a research architecture and the company you always dreamed of
- Grow in an environment with experts in crypto, investments, coding, AI, psychology, and business
- Fair compensation
- Bonus based on our meritocratic system
- Flexible work hours