Deputy Head of HR
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
We’re here to revolutionize personal finance by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
Our Community App has completed a very successful first year educating 150,000+ users about Bitcoin investing in a fun gamified format. It also serves as a gateway to our recently launch Wealth app, which offers the best price and liquidity across the biggest number of fiat and crypto trading pairs. But that’s just the start.
And this is where you come in...
Mission for this role:
We are currently seeking a skilled human resources generalist who is passionate about happiness, recruiting, onboarding, coaching, and developing talent through our company’s culture. Our ideal candidate will be responsible and reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making our company a better place to work and grow. They should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable. We expect applicants to have a solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities. You'll do a needs assessment, help us prioritize the initiatives over the next few years, develop implementation plans, and create themetrics/measurements by which we determine how to create a better employee experience. If you believe you possess the commitment, character, and skills to become part of our innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Please note that we have preference for candidates in EU timezone.
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement, support, and review all HR department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems
- Work in partnership with senior leadership and managers to provide guidance on internal HR procedures, best practices and policies
- Create a happy work environment for employees and remote workers while building strong company culture
- Act as subject matter expert, advising on matters related to people operations and scaling our current processes
- Monitor the delivery of HR roadmap and work closely with the HR department to ensure objectives are aligned with company objectives
- Assist with the talent acquisition process, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, managing the hiring process, and continuously improving our hiring processes
- Create and implement training and development programs
- Participate in the performance evaluation processes
- Composure and confidentiality required to handle disciplinary and grievance issues
- Ensure all current policies and procedures are in compliance with legal requirements
- Perceptive nature, careful monitoring of working conditions to ensure legal compliance
What you'll need:
- BS/BA in Industrial Relations, Organisation and Behaviour or related field
- Prior experience in scaling a company from startup to scaleup (50 to 150)
- 5+ years of successful work experience as a Human Resources Leader
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development)
- Previous experience in a Technology company, preferably in a start up
- Commitment to staying current on the understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Knowledge of Swiss payroll system is a plus
- Prior experience implementing a HRIS and using an ATS (Lever, Zoho, Greenhouse, etc..) is a plus
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making
- Strength of character, ethics, and commitment, and reliability
- HR Credentials
What, you need more reasons, besides the opportunity to change the world of finance while having fun? Ok, ok, here are some:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- Very competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible work hours
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.