Site Reliability Engineer (Release Engineer)
Headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Toronto and London, SwissBorg aims to fundamentally change the way individuals manage their wealth. As a product obsessed team, we believe that advanced technology combined with an intuitive user experience will empower people to invest with more freedom, confidence, and belief.
In 2018, we successfully raised funds from over 23,800 global participants who share our vision of a wealth management industry with more community-centric values. We are now working towards the next phase of disruption following the launch of our flagship Wealth App earlier this year. Through our products, individuals across the globe are able to purchase digital assets such as Bitcoin at the best prices, and become members of our ecosystem to unlock first of its kind investment features.
As the first Release Engineer on our team, you’ll play a critical role in developing and maintaining our release processes and infrastructure. We depend on a small but highly skilled SRE team to keep the foundation safe and stable for our developers to build on. This means having stable systems, automation and the necessary tooling and preparation to respond to possible issues.
The Engineering team at SwissBorg operates with a strong DevOps culture, meaning you will be working collaboratively with development teams to ensure projects are efficiently developed, integrated and deployed. We believe a healthy work-life balance within our teams will enable everyone to do their best work. However, due to the mission-critical nature of this role, there is a real possibility of 3am emergency call if we experience an unexpected outage. As a team, we will do everything to avoid such a situation from happening and plan accordingly the work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own, manage and improve our release process, from development to production.
- Maintain and scale continuous integration, delivery, and deployment infrastructure for reproducible and traceable builds and deployments.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management.
- Focus on scale and efficiency.
- Simplify the management of Secrets and guarantee the Security of process.
- Improve the developer experience and present the current industry’s best practices.
What you’ll need:
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- High level of autonomy, discipline, and willingness to learn
- Python or Golang skills, or a strong desire to improve your coding ability and infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experience with GitOps and ArgoCD is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-cultural team
- Ability to express your ideas clearly, mostly written, and defend them if need be
- Curiosity and interest in fintech and the cryptocurrency space is a plus