Headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Toronto and London, SwissBorg aims to fundamentally change the way individuals manage their wealth. As a product obsessed team, we believe that advanced technology combined with an intuitive user experience will empower people to invest with more freedom, confidence, and belief.
In 2018, we successfully raised funds from over 23,800 global participants who share our vision of a wealth management industry with more community-centric values. We are now working towards the next phase of disruption. Right now, individuals across the globe have the opportunity to purchase digital assets such as Bitcoin at the best prices and become members of our ecosystem to unlock first of its kind investment features.
People management (1:1s, relationship, culture, ...)
Project management (backlog, roadmap, priorities, …)
Talent management (staffing, allocation, hiring, on-boarding, …)
As an Engineering Manager:
- You grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering culture
- You own development of the non-functional side of the platform and drive improvements to Scalability, Availability, Resilience & Security.
- You lead the 24x7x365 operations part of the Engineering team and manage the on-call rotations
- You improve the DevOps practices of the team to enhance delivery efficiency
- You are responsible for attracting, mentoring, supporting and retaining a team of top-notch engineers who design, build and support SwissBorg infrastructure.
- Coach teams and individuals facing challenges related to how they work together
- You collaborate with external (sometimes non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company.
- You plan and prioritize the team’s roadmap, and champion team projects internally
What you might look like:
- You hold a BSc/MSc/PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or related subjects.
- You have a prior experience coordinating a team and delivering on a roadmap.
- You are comfortable translating sometimes ambiguous business problems into plans that our engineers can act on and feel passionate about.
- You care about facilitating learning and growth on the team - you put our engineers first.
- You embody SwissBorg’s dedication to fair culture, and our commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
- You are thoughtful about all the ways an engineering manager can have an impact.
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, and are able to help teams develop trust and safety.
- You are comfortable providing feedback and having sometimes difficult conversations.
- Proficient English (spoken and written), French is a plus.
- Bonus point for having a previous start-up experience or knowledge about the Blockchain ecosystem.
The candidate must to be on a European time zone.