Accountant - Tallinn
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
We’re here to revolutionize personal finance by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
Our Community App has completed a very successful first year educating 150,000+ users about Bitcoin investing in a fun gamified format. It also serves as a gateway to our recently launch Wealth app, which offers the best price and liquidity across the biggest number of fiat and crypto trading pairs. But that’s just the start.
And this is where you come in...
We are looking for an Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. Preparing financial statements and reporting is a large part of your day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department.
What you'll do:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual closures for our all entities ex Switzerland in collaboration with external accounting firms and HQ
- Monthly intercompany accounts reconciliation
- Establishment of various reports, tax returns, VAT statements etc.. for Estonian entity
- Reconciliation of accounts and analysis on a group level
- Participation in the annual closings and audits for all the entities of the group
- Help on various accounting tasks and administration work.
What you'll need:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- At least 3 years of accounting experience
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as Python coding
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software, if possible with Xero
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Fluent in English written and spoken is a must
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented
What, you need more reasons, besides the opportunity to change the world of finance while having fun? Ok, ok, here are some:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- Very competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible work hours
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.