We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 120,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 15 fiat and 12 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our new Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over USD 200 million in assets under management, weekly volume of over USD 50 million, and over 3,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
What you might be doing:
- Write server-side Scala code to build a scalable infrastructure capable of handling digital cash and crypto-currency transactions for users all around the world
- Identify requirements for backend architecture design and API with the engineering team
- Solve challenging problems in the context of finance and distributed systems
- Write rigorous automated tests and ensure code quality and documentation
- Optimize the code for performance
What you might look like:
- Expertise in Scala
- Experience with JVM technologies, RDBMs, cloud architectures. Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Knowledge about the CQRS/Event Sourcing architecture
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial thinking - customer value should be your key driver
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills. French is a plus
- Experience in the finance industry a plus
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible work hours
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.