Junior Fraud Specialist
Community Success – Compliance /
We are SwissBorg, a FinTech scale-up headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 600,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 39 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. Our community is growing fast, with over $1.5 billion in assets under management, a weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 20,000 Premium users.
This is just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at the touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Singapore, whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
Are you looking to join a team of revolutionaries on a mission to decentralise nations? We want to hear from you!
Please note this is a fully remote role for a candidate who can be based anywhere in European timezone.
What you might be doing:
- Review and analyse transaction activity to prevent and detect fraud
- Perform detailed checks, research and investigations to assess the potential for fraud including blockchain activity for all crypto transactions
- Support potential victims of fraud with their concerns, gathering information and answering queries
- Work within a great team of colleagues, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- Ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of data to support the alerting process
- Identify data pain points and collaborate with data and payment agents to resolve them
- Produce thorough documentation and evidence in support of investigations and potential cases of fraud
- Think out of the box, supporting the identification of trends and patterns to fight fraud and protect users
- Contribute towards the proposal and design of effective tools, processes and systems to improve fraud detection and mitigation
- Contribute towards the design and improvement of effective data sets, models and reporting to improve the management of fraud risk
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
What you might bring:
- A degree or background in Criminology, Fraud, and Investigation type fields
- Preferably some experience working in fraud investigation and analysis
- Ideally experience in a FinTech and familiar with Crypto and blockchain transactions
- Independent, logical thinker and problem solver
- Comfortable reviewing and analysing complex data
- Business and customer centric
- Composed and professional interacting with users in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build the company of your dreams
- Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of vacation + local holidays
- Annual team retreats - We'd love to see you at the next one!
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.