Legal Counsel Regulatory (Remote)
Corporate Governance – Legal /
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 450,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 15 fiat and 12 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our new Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $1 billion in assets under management, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 20,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
What you might be doing:
- Conduct a global regulatory watch on cryptoassets regulation and general sectorial news
- Participate in the legal analysis of various regulatory frameworks (including related to cryptoassets activities) and keep it up-to-date
- Participate in the processes for licenses filing and maintenance
- Advise on regulatory strategy, securing and maintaining regulatory permissions, pulling together what you need from across the organisation
- Navigating complex regulatory frameworks and participate in advising on the design of innovative financial products and services
- Researching a range of novel legal and regulatory questions and participating in providing legal analyses and recommendations to inform business decisions
- Contributing to the review of external communication via social media and marketing campaigns
- Supporting the legal team with general matters, including employment, regulatory, and compliance law questions
- Drafting agreements, policies and procedures, disclosures, account documentation, terms of service, and website materials.
- Addressing other departments’ concerns or questions on legal related matters
- Keeping abreast of internal standards and business goals
What you might bring:
- Proven experience of 2-4 years as a legal counsel
- Master in law, business administration or a related field. Skills in EU financial law (MiFID 2, EMD, AIFM) is a plus
- Interest in the blockchain and cryptoassets industry as well as curiosity and eagerness to understand the underlying technicality is a plus
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Business acumen
- Strong business partnership culture combined with a solution oriented attitude and capable of performing even in challenging situations
- Great writing and communication skills in both English, with proven verbal and written conclusion on due diligence findings. French is a plus.
- Proven ability to understand legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical, local business requirements.
- Autonomous, adaptive, ability to think outside of the box, creative
- Experience/Background: Ideally with a previous experience in a tech/ fintech company
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible work hours
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.