Director of Engineering
San Francisco, CA - Remote /
Play a key part in the growth of an industry innovator in data engineering automation and big data analytics.
Switchboard serves globally-recognized enterprise customers in digital media and marketing. Our customers are running at scale in production where we are essential to help them deliver innovative products and grow revenue. Our founding team built and launched Google BigQuery. We have more than a decade of experience working in concert with engineering to bring enterprise-grade market-leading SaaS products to market.
You are passionate about building and taking ownership of an early-stage startup. Partner with the CTO and CEO to build out a world-class platform for DataOps, one of the fastest-growing enterprise opportunities. Partner closely with the Chief Architect to deliver our technical roadmap on an accelerated cadence. In this role, you will lead Engineering and be central to defining the success trajectory of the company. You’ll have the opportunity to mentor other leaders and work with senior leadership to scale the engineering team.
- Grow and lead a team of 10-20 software engineers across multiple scrum teams in the United States and Uruguay.
- Directly hire managers and senior technical leaders in your organization.
- Provide technical mentorship and training, and promote success in their career path.
- Partner closely with the founders to define and execute on a product roadmap for the development of software frameworks and tools for data management.
- Define processes and build tools to support reliable daily builds and rapid introduction of new features.
You Will Be Successful If
- You are a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced technical environment
- You employ a process-oriented mindset to solve problems at scale
- You are good at simplifying complex topics and helping others to learn and understand
- You have an authentic drive for personal growth and empowering the same for others
- You want to accelerate your career progression by joining and making a massive impact at a startup
- Experienced people leader. Previous experience as an engineering manager leading a high-caliber team.
- Leading development teams delivering complex software products and tools.
- Planning a roadmap of initiatives against execution capacity.
- Operating software and data services in production & leading software development on a SaaS product.
- Expertise in building distributed systems (Security, CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes)
Switchboard enables enterprise business teams to be data-driven with minimal engineering investment. When our co-founders launched Google BigQuery in 2012, they saw first-hand that the amount of data companies were grappling with was rapidly outstripping their ability to utilize it. Switchboard was created to help solve this problem.
Our ready-made data unification platform turns disparate data into a single source of reliable, trustworthy information. Business stakeholders at Spotify, Meredith Corporation, The Financial Times, Pearson and others have left behind outdated spreadsheets and custom engineering projects. Today, they rely on Switchboard to make confident decisions that engage audiences, optimize yield and spend, and grow revenue.