Head of Sales
San Francisco, CA - Remote /
We’re solving the biggest business problems in data - again.
Switchboard enables some of the world's biggest global brands to make revenue-driving decisions faster. Led by the founding team that built and launched Google BigQuery, and recently backed by GFT Ventures and Quest Ventures, we have over a decade of experience helping enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation.
We are the premier solution for a large and growing problem in the $30B data analytics market, serving executive-level buyers in Revenue Operations and Marketing Operations at companies like Target, Spotify, Dotdash Meredith, Orangetheory Fitness, and The Financial Times. Using Switchboard’s hosted SaaS solution to distill billions of transactions from hundreds of data sources into a single source of truth, our customers have delivered 7-figure revenue increases without any burden on their dev teams.
If you like to think big and are passionate about using your experience to help scale an early-stage startup into its next phase of growth, read on to see how this role might be the next big step in your career!
To accelerate our GTM efforts, we are looking for a Head of Sales with an exceptional track record for scaling a growth-stage SaaS company by building and leading quota-crushing sales teams. We want the best of the best and we make sure that top performers are rewarded.
What You'll Do
- Win large enterprise accounts to exceed quarterly targets and increase overall ARR month over month.
- Bring the rigor and discipline of a proven sales methodology to continually improve pipeline quality, deal timing, and closing ratios.
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of experienced Enterprise Account Executives.
- Coach your team to “land and expand” by partnering with our Customer Support and Sales Engineering teams.
- Roll up your sleeves to close high-velocity mid-market deals and work complex enterprise deals.
- Collaborate with our Product and Customer Success teams to identify, address, and anticipate customer needs.
- Work in lock step with Marketing to continually refine messaging and positioning for our target market(s).
- Expand our current market opportunities by identifying, validating, and pursuing new growth areas within the Data & Analytics market.
- Establish meaningful metrics and signals to deliver accurate revenue forecasts and identify potential weaknesses early enough for effective intervention.
- Become a trusted advisor to customers, investors, and the leadership team.
What You'll Bring
- You can hit the ground running in a fast-moving startup environment and love collaborating cross-functionally to get things done.
- You’ve got a personal track record for exceeding sales goals by selling six-figure contracts into complex enterprise environments and winning new logos.
- You’ve successfully trained and managed your team using a repeatable, scalable process for Solution Selling (MEDDICC, Challenger, or similar enterprise sales methodology).
- You quickly assess opportunities and know exactly what needs to be done to move the needle on revenue month after month and hit ambitious revenue targets.
- You can balance getting into the trenches with your team as needed and still zoom out for the 50,000 foot perspective you need to develop effective strategies and accurate sales forecasts.
You'll Be Successful If
- You’ve personally sold committed annual contracts of $150k+ to VPs and CXOs at large enterprise companies.
- You have a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and have led enterprise sales teams to exceed both individual and team targets.
- You enjoy figuring out complex, multi-stakeholder deals, and coaching your reps to do the same.
- You’re wired to overachieve with a winner’s mindset that finds motivation in temporary setbacks.
- Your ability to learn is off the charts and you are always hungry for more.
- You have an authentic drive for personal growth and empowering the same for others.
- You want to use the full breadth and depth of your experience to make a massive impact at a game-changing startup.
Switchboard is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global community we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we invite all individuals who embrace innovation and intellectual curiosity to bring their unique personal and professional experiences to the table to enrich our creativity, thought leadership, and discovery.