Customer Success Engineer
San Francisco, CA - Remote
Customer Success /
We’re solving the biggest business problems in data - again.
Switchboard enables some of the world's biggest global brands to make revenue-driving decisions faster. Led by the founding team that built and launched Google BigQuery, and recently backed by GFT Ventures and Quest Ventures, we have over a decade of experience helping enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation.
We are the premier solution for a large and growing problem in the $30B data analytics market, serving executive-level buyers in Revenue Operations and Marketing Operations at companies like Target, Spotify, Dotdash Meredith, Orangetheory Fitness, and The Financial Times. Using Switchboard’s hosted SaaS solution to distill billions of transactions from hundreds of data sources into a single source of truth, our customers have delivered 7-figure revenue increases without any burden on their dev teams.
If you like to think big and are passionate about using your experience to help scale an early-stage startup into its next phase of growth, read on to see how this role might be the next big step in your career!
What We're Looking For
To accelerate our customer expansions and maintain industry-leading renewal rates, we are seeking a talented Customer Success Engineer (CSE) who excels at driving strategic data projects in partnership with enterprise customers. Switchboard CSE’s collaborate with our Engineering and Marketing teams to ensure that customers can design, implement, and launch robust data solutions to power their most challenging marketing and revenue analytics projects.
This key role reports to the Head of Customer Success and will work closely with our CTO/Co-Founder. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working with customers, thrives on launching high-value data projects, and welcomes challenges as opportunities to grow both personally and in their career.
What You'll Do
- Develop and refine data solution architecture for market-leading digital customers
- Develop data models and reports from design, testing to production, and ensure customers realize value within the first 30 days of a new engagement
- Pre-sales and post-sales: Provide ongoing technical leadership on customer projects by understanding business cases, technical and business requirements, and proposing technical solutions
- Educate internal teams regarding customer feedback to shape the product roadmap
- Continually help identify, develop, and implement data operations best practice
- Willingness to travel (mostly nationally, occasional international) as required (total travel <10%)
What You'll Bring
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent (8+ years total professional exp in Software or Sales Engineering)
- 3+ years in a customer-facing role such as sales, sales engineering, technical account manager, or consulting at a B2B enterprise SaaS company
- Proficient in SQL and able to skillfully extract and transform data as needed
- IT consulting and POC experience
- Experience managing a customer project from design to launch
- 2+ years of some experience in dimensional data modeling, and Data Warehousing (BigQuery, RedShift)
- Experience working with data from ad servers, Google Analytics/Omniture, Ecommerce systems
- Experience in an early-stage startup environment
- Background in Data Analytics, Consulting, Technical Account Manager at a SaaS company
Bonus if you have any of the following:
What Will Make You Successful at Switchboard
- You are a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced technical environment
- You employ a process-oriented mindset to solve problems at scale
- You are good at simplifying complex topics and helping others to learn and understand
- You don’t believe in settling, you find ways to overachieve and keep improving
- Your ability to learn is off the charts and you are always hungry for more
- You have an authentic drive for personal growth and empowering the same for others
- You want to accelerate your career progression by joining and making a massive impact at a startup
Switchboard is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global community we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we invite all individuals who embrace innovation and intellectual curiosity to bring their unique personal and professional experiences to the table to enrich our creativity, thought leadership, and discovery.