Business Development Associate
Los Angeles /
Sales & Business Development /
Swoop is a mobility tech company headquartered in Los Angeles. Our mission is to make transportation accessible, transparent, and affordable for everyone. We recently raised a $3.2m seed round from top investors and are in a period of hypergrowth as we tackle the chauffeured transportation industry.
Founded by transportation industry experts, Swoop is committed to creating an experience that customers love and our partners rely on. We have the resources and the appetite to conquer the $40b group mobility space and need versatile go-getters to help us. If you have the drive to work in a fast-paced, hard-working environment of builders to join our team in Los Angeles and remotely. Come join us, get your hands dirty and make a real impact.
Swoop provides chauffeured transportation (e.g. limo, bus, and van) operators with SaaS platform, Moovs (Moovsapp.com). Moovs makes it easier to allow businesses access to website development, booking tools, dispatch automation, payment management, and much more. Additionally, we help their customers navigate the highly fragmented industry by removing frustration and complexity from the current user experience with our Marketplace at swoopapp.com.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate with experience in building partner relationships and thrive in a entrepreneurial sales environment. This opportunity will allow you to expand on your startup and sales skills, work cross-functionally with team members, and be apart of an early stage tech venture.
- Leading the inbound proposal process, quotes and requests and closing deals for $10k+ weddings and company events
- Clearly communicate the value of Swoop and the company’s capabilities to prospective accounts
- Act as the first point of contact for potential businesses partners for Swoop
- Create and prioritize target account and contact lists
- Manage inbound and outbound pipeline using Swoop’s CRM
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on projects that help drive revenue growth
- Help us identify and build best practices for your sales team and others
- Conducting weekly one-on-one sessions with your Sales Manager to receive direct coaching and insight
- Act as an ambassador of Swoop’s mission, brand, and product
- 1-2 years of previous experience post-graduation
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant sales experience
- Strong experience in prospecting
- Prior CRM experience (Hubspot, Salesforce, Outreach.io)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sales Driven: You embrace sales and business development and this opportunity represents a career path that makes you passionate in what you’re doing
- Creative: Tailoring the right solution for a variety of customer requests
- Curious: You always want to know more and enjoy understanding your clients and what drives their buying decisions
- Great Communicator: You are a clear, concise and a compelling storyteller. You have excellent written and oral communication and can adapt your style based on your audience
- Coachable: You know there's always room for improvement. You seek out constructive criticism and opportunities for growth
- Excellent Attitude: Fearless and positive attitude, willing to take intelligent risks while being a team player and you are resilient in the face of challenges
- Self-starter: You're always looking for ways to do your job better and take the initiative in understanding how you and the team can be successful