Swoop has provided hundreds of thousands passengers rides all over the U.S., becoming one of LA’s fastest growing startups. We’re tackling this head-on by centralizing the $40B group mobility industry so groups from any type of event (corporations, venues, experience destinations) can instantly book a trip from a local operator.
We're backed exclusively by Silicon Valley VCs and angels – and growing fast.
Swoop is looking for underdogs who enjoy a fast-paced, hard-working environment of builders to join our team in Los Angeles. We have the resources and the appetite to conquer the $40b group mobility space and are in need of versatile hustlers to help us. If you are ready to get your hands dirty and make a real impact, apply to join the rocketship.
We’re hiring Swoop’s Part-Time dedicated dispatcher. This person is passionate about using their detail orientation and creativity to make group mobility more seamless. In this role you will ensure that all of Swoop rides run smoothly and that to communicate with customers, operators and drivers.
The role is at the heart of Swoop’s operations, as you are making sure all rides are 5-star experiences.
Location: Los Angeles, CA (remote possible, but LA preferred)
Compensation: 17$ an hour, set times are: Friday and Saturday 12pm-12am and flexible on other days depending on demand
- Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor ride activity on computer display and assign trips to drivers
- Maintain lines of communication with drivers and customers
- Ability to support logistics through routing directions and coordinate special trip requirements with drivers and other event personnel
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as appropriate
- You’ll be working directly with the leadership team at Swoop (Ex-Facebook, Google, Microsoft experience)
You’ll be working cross-functionally and provide feedback back to the team on best practices.
- You preferably have some dispatch experience
- Experience in calling customers and coordinating
- Excellent communication skills and ability to think on your feet
- Willingness to call drivers and customers
- Enjoy working in a customer-facing role
- Being able to work on multiple rides at once
- Driven: You know you want a career in operations and this job is the first step in having a successful career
- Creative: Tailoring the right solution for a variety of customer requests
- Great Communicator: You are a clear, concise and compelling communicator. You have excellent written and oral communication and can change up your communication style depending on your audience.
- Coachable: You know there's always room for improvement. You seek out constructive criticism and opportunities for growth
- Excellent Attitude: Diligent and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile risks while being a team player and you are resilient in the face of challenges
- Self-starter: You're always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do
• Help solve meaningful problems, many of which have never been considered before
• Join and early start-up at the beginning of hypergrowth
• WeWork Office in the heart of Silicon Beach
• Flexible working culture
• Competitive salary
• Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
• Smart (and fun) co-workers
• Free team lunch every weekday