Senior Full Stack Engineer
Los Angeles /
Engineering Team /
Swoop is a VC-backed mobility tech company headquartered in Los Angeles. Our mission is to make transportation accessible, transparent, and affordable for everyone. We recently raised a $3.2m seed round from top investors and are in a period of hypergrowth as we tackle the chauffeured transportation industry.
Founded by transportation domain Swoop is committed to creating an experience that customers love and our partners rely on. We are looking for someone who enjoys a fast-paced, hard-working environment of builders to join our team in Los Angeles and remotely. We have the resources and the appetite to conquer the $40b group mobility space and are in need of versatile go-getters to help us. If you are ready to get your hands dirty and make a real impact, apply to join our team.
As a managed platform, Swoop provides chauffeured transportation (e.g. limo, bus, and van) operators with SaaS that makes it easy for them to manage their business. We help their customers navigate the highly fragmented industry by removing frustration and complexity from the current user experience.
We’re hiring a Senior Full Stack Engineer. This person is passionate about using their expertise and creativity to help us build Moovs (moovsapp.com), our SaaS tool for vehicle operators. In this role, you’ll be in charge of developing features from end-to-end for our operator and consumer products. You’ll get to work directly with the founders and be part of a team of 11.
We’re growing quickly and we need to develop a product that scales with the company. You’ll be working to solve challenges across three broad domains:
Consumer Experience: We will make it easy for any group to explore and book group transportation. We are building a great application experience and a seamless backend for our operators.
Scale: As we continue to take on larger operators and cover more locations, we want to make sure users have instant access to real-time availability and pricing information without any humans involved in the process. We are building a marketplace that provides simplicity for any sized group of passengers or any vehicle operator.
Data Intelligence: Instant booking and pricing are just two of many features that make it easier for customers to purchase with Swoop. You’ll work to develop predictive pricing, instant availability information, and methods to increase vehicle utilization.
- Build high-performance, web-based applications with React.js, Apollo, and Material UI
- Build secure, scalable APIs and real-time features using GraphQL, Node.js and PostgreSQL
- Play an active role in developing our team culture and maintaining a quality codebase through code review, sprint planing, and retrospectives
- Participate in the design of database models
- Implement pixel-perfect front-end designs using HTML, CSS, and other fundamental web technologies
- Work with with code and project management tools such as Git, NPM, and Jira
- Growth Mindset: You know there's always room for improvement. You seek out constructive criticism and opportunities for growth
- Deep understanding of what drives the business for which you are building software
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
- B.S. in Computer Science or related program at an accredited college or university, or equivalent practical experience (e.g. bootcamp or self-taught)
- Great Communicator: You are a clear, concise and compelling communicator. You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Attitude: You are diligent and keep a positive attitude. You go the extra mile and are resilient in the face of challenges.
- You have the ability to comfortably explain technical problems in person and in writing to non-technical parties.
- Creative: You have the ability to tailor the right solution for a variety of engineering problems
- You can balance the need to get features out quickly with creating readable, maintainable code.
Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Commitment to creating high quality software and user experience
• Help solve meaningful problems and real impact from the day you start
• Personal engineering coach/mentor paid for by Swoop. Current engineers work with Dropbox, Facebook etc. engineers to continue to learn and grow, which is a priority at Swoop.
• Equity in Swoop so you're an owner of the company
• Flexible working culture (remote work is totally fine)
• Competitive salary
• Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
• Unlimited PTO
• Smart (and fun) co-workers