Swoop has provided hundreds of thousands passengers rides all over the U.S., becoming one of LA’s fastest growing startups. We’re tackling this head-on by centralizing the $40B group mobility industry so groups from any type of event (corporations, venues, experience destinations) can instantly book a trip from a local operator.
We're backed exclusively by Silicon Valley VCs and angels – and growing fast.
Swoop is looking for underdogs who enjoy a fast-paced, hard-working environment of builders to join our team in Los Angeles. We have the resources and the appetite to conquer the $40b group mobility space and are in need of versatile hustlers to help us. If you are ready to get your hands dirty and make a real impact, apply to join the rocketship.
- Own projects throughout the entire development cycle, from the UX/UI design to the actual development
- Bring your own engineering knowledge to the table to develop on feasible and rapidly implementable concepts.
- Gather user needs/feedback through research methods such as observations, interviews, and usability testing, and translate these findings into design solutions and refinements
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups for our clients
- Collaborate closely with the UX/UI team to refine and build our design system, share user research, and identify design solutions
- Clearly communicate your design decisions to team members
- Partner with engineers and product owners to provide value through designing the interactions, interface, and functionality of our products
- Educate co-workers and stakeholders about the importance of design thinking and the importance of user research
- Keep up-to-date on design trends and look to make process and UX improvements
- Collect all business requirements from the client during kickoff, collaborating to define an MVP
- Work with Business Development and Product Managers to define the design scope of a project
- Be the main design liaison between the client and the design team
- Minimum 1 year working on UX/UI and developing flows and wireframes, solving complex experiences, and making them intuitive to the user
- An impressive mobile portfolio showcasing market-leading user interface and visual design work
- Fluency in best practices for app-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android design principles
- Sketch, Zeplin, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. You know your tools without even having to think about them
- Strong experience working from flows and wireframes through to a final product
- Ability to lead a team and gain stakeholder confidence
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Experience mentoring designers and leading the design on projects
- Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus (We’re Kanban, but our Dev teams are Agile)
- Rapid Prototyping experience a plus
- Not afraid to do fast usability testing and can interpret the data intelligently and act rapidly on the information
- Creative: Tailoring the right solution for a variety of requests
- Great Communicator: You are a clear, concise and compelling communicator. You have excellent written and oral communication and can change up your communication style depending on your audience.
- Coachable: You know there's always room for improvement. You seek out constructive criticism and opportunities for growth
- Excellent Attitude: Diligent and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile risks while being a team player and you are resilient in the face of challenges
- Self-starter: You're always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do
• Help solve meaningful problems, many of which have never been considered before
• Join and early start-up at the beginning of hypergrowth
• WeWork Office in the heart of Silicon Beach
• Flexible working culture
• Competitive salary
• Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
• Smart (and fun) co-workers
• Free team lunch every weekday