Senior Data Scientist - Portugal Based Remote/Hybrid
Algorithms & AI – AI /
Who we are:
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain . Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 160+ other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented SWORD specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than two years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
Our data science team is responsible for instilling and supporting a data-first culture across multiple verticals at Sword by helping other teams leverage their data in the most effective way. The team uses statistics and machine learning to derive insights of an ever-evolving product with the goal of constantly improving patient care.
What you'll be doing:
- Work alongside multiple verticals in the company to identify data-related opportunities;
- Provide insights about behaviours, trends, and causal relationships to influence product development as well as the overall company’s strategy;
- Present findings in both written and oral form to relevant stakeholders;
- Participate in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments of product rolloutsInstill a rigorous statistical and testing culture across Sword.
What you need to have:
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science roles;
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics in the context of a product;
- Experience using machine learning to derive insights and find patterns in the data;
- Working knowledge of SQL as well as statistical packages (such as those in R or Python);
- Experience leading complex and ambiguous initiatives with full autonomy;
- Ability to learn quickly and dive deep into new subjects;
- Ability to interface and communicate clearly with non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with irregular time-series/event data;
- Genuine curiosity that drives you to experiment and try new things
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy.
Sword has offices in Porto and Lisbon, so if you want to have a face to face contact you can always work from there!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We champion diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At SWORD, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our applicants and teammates is critical to our success as a global company. The more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
Sword Benefits - Portugal
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Sword Perks - Portugal
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages