Head of Engineering - Mobile
Technology – Mobile /
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage stakeholders of your area of ownership.
- Manage activities and needs of several engineering teams in activities such as career path, team structure and continuous team evolution.
- Lead and manage multiple teams of software engineers, providing guidance and support on best practices, software development methodologies, and project management.
- Manage deliverables of several engineering teams.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of complex software systems and applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and identify solutions.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure that software products meet quality standards and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest software development trends and technologies.
- Develop and implement engineering strategies to support business objectives.
What you need to have:
- Proficiency with Android &/or iOS Native development languages(Kotlin/Swift).
- More than 5 years of experience developing Mobile(Android or iOS) Native Apps.
- Experience leading a team of engineers.
- Ensures code is well documented and well tested with appropriate use of manual vs automated tests.
- Has a strong awareness of the ecosystem of tools and libraries supporting the team's primary programming language and development environment and a strong grasp of the idioms and patterns of the team's language.
- Pushes the team to address code tasks with both high throughput and appropriately high quality for the stage of the project it's working on.
- Able to independently design software components in well scoped scenarios, with simplicity and maintenance as key considerations.
- Strong grasp of the libraries, platforms, and systems that one relies on, helping and allowing the team to apply them expertly.
- Able to troubleshoot with the team, and make technical contributions to product architecture when needed.
- Proactively identifies issues with technical dependencies of the team's projects that are owned by other teams and works together with them towards a solution.
- Global vision of the product.
- Is able to combine specifications and technical challenges in order to define features across multiple areas.
- Thinks strategically and cross-functionally, with a focus on long-term goals beyond his own team primary responsibilities.
- Supports and coaches colleagues to reach the excellence level required at Sword.
- Encourages colleagues identifying areas for improvement in their daily activities (processes and systems)
- Consistently aids team members without prompting, promotes additional activities at Sword (e.g. recruiting, team events, external events) taking ownership at the individual or team level
Bonus Points or We'd Love to see:
- Experience leading multiple teams with different technology stacks
- Lead by example with an agile mindset therefore you see leadership not as a position but as a task.
* Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.