Tech Lead - Web Team (PT - Remote/Hybrid)
Technology – Web /
Who we are:
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain . Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 160+ other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented SWORD specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than two years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
To do what:
- Lead a team, establishing a technical vision, resolving technical disagreements and ensure the success of delivered solutions;
- Oversee day-to-day operations, delegating tasks and set deadlines/goals;
- Stay up to speed with all web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns, investing in continual improvements;
- Use appropriate engineering practices, such fully automated development pipelines and testing;
- Understanding the current lifestyle and development of new lifecycles with emphasis on software quality processes;
- Work closely with our infrastructure team and other tech leads to define and improve our software and infrastructure architecture;
- Maintaining a productive and inspiring working environment for development teams, actively participating in the training/building skills, provide coach, monitoring performance, motivating the team, recognize high performance and reward accomplishments;
- Together with the HR team and assisting Hiring Manager, help on R&S process, motivation and retention of new members.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience as a Tech Lead/ Team Lead or natural Leadership skills;
- Extensive experience (+5y) with web development;
- Already knows our main tech stack (Go and NodeJs);
- Strong background in event/microservice architecture;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Great time management and organizational skills;
- Proactive attitude, flexible, problem solver and decision maker;
- Quality oriented process ensuring good code practices;
- People oriented mindset, able to build strong relationships and motivate the team.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- The opportunity to make a real human impact of millions of people, and have a blast doing it;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company where you can add real value to an innovative solution;
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity; A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity - a fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- To get to know more about our Tech Stack, check here
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We champion diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At SWORD, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our applicants and teammates is critical to our success as a global company. The more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
Sword Benefits - Portugal
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Sword Perks - Portugal
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages