Product Design Lead
Design – Design /
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest-growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 350 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high-quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper-growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high-caliber people with passion, commitment, and energy to create and deliver technologies, services, and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale, and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting-edge technologies.
You and your skills:
- We believe you are an experienced designer and design manager with about eight years of experience who has managed multi-disciplinary teams before;
- You are a great interaction designer, solid visual designer and understand research methodologies;
- You have experience designing user applications with a platform and system mindset;
- You have a proven track record of delivering design on time and contributing to a high performing product;
- You have experience managing stakeholders from different organizations;
- E-commerce experience is highly preferred and automotive experience isn't necessary;
- You should be able to provide a portfolio of projects (or samples of preview work) to which you have made a substantial contribution and/or make a portfolio presentation as part of the selection process.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Inspire & lead teams of designers in creating high quality, delightful experiences for Sword customers;
- Manage, coach, and grow the careers of designers on your team;
- Provide hands-on design direction and lead your team in creative exercises designed to produce outstanding work;
- Negotiate relationships with marketing, engineering and product management counterparts to provide a friendly, collaborative environment for your team to do its best work;
- Contribute to the improvement and operations of the Design team, sometimes outside your main focus area;
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback;
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of high-performing designers;
- A focus not just on the quality of output but also the health and happiness of team members and the design organization as a whole;
- A proactive attitude of seeking out opportunities to fix and improve things wherever you go, even if they are not within your direct remit;
- Ability to help translate business needs from other departments into actionable plans for your team;
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again;
- Strong communicator with an ability to captivate different types of audiences.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity - fast-paced, fun, and energetic startup;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy (Portugal only);
- To get to know more about our Tech Stack, check here
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We champion diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At SWORD, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our applicants and teammates is critical to our success as a global company. The more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
Sword Benefits - Portugal
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Sword Perks - Portugal
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages