Bioanalytical DMPK Scientists/Senior Scientists – Nottingham or Alderley Park
Nottingham or Alderley Park
DMPK – DMPK /
Sygnature Discovery is a world-leading integrated drug discovery Contract Research Organisation based in the UK and Canada with its headquarters in Nottingham and additional facilities in Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Glasgow, Montreal and Quebec City. Its staff of over 1,000, which includes 900 scientists, partners with global pharma, biotech and NFP organisations.
Since 2004, Sygnature Discovery has delivered over 40 novel pre-clinical and 22 clinical compounds, with its scientists named on over 170 patents. Therapeutic areas of expertise include oncology, inflammation and immunology, neuroscience, metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, fibrotic diseases and more. To find out more, please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
About the Role:
Looking to advance your career in in vitro DMPK?
At Sygnature Discovery, our DMPK scientists play an essential role in supporting integrated drug discovery projects covering a broad range of molecular targets and therapeutic indications.
But why work for us?
- You will work from modern, state-of-the-art laboratories and solve challenging problems for our clients.
- Our global clients range from big pharma and biotechs to academic and charitable organisations. Teamwork and communication are as important as the science we do – how we interact and communicate with our clients is part of our success.
- We foster a culture of collective responsibility and communal working. If you’re challenged by a problem, your project team, department, and the company will support you to find a solution.
- We want you to have a long and rewarding career at Sygnature. We can offer a challenging, stimulating and fulfilling role in a sociable team that’s passionate about drug discovery. It’s an extremely motivating and humbling experience to discover a lifesaving drug.
- You will provide bioanalytical support to discovery studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of novel chemical entities.
- Where appropriate, you will represent DMPK as the subject matter expert on Sygnature Discovery’s client project teams.
- You will aid in the analysis, interpretation, integration, and reporting of discovery DMPK bioanalytical data and further processing of these data by non-compartmental analysis to determine pharmacokinetic parameters.
- You will independently apply bioanalytical support to DMPK assays, attend scientific meetings, and keep abreast of DMPK literature related to bioanalytical science.
- Where appropriate, you will assist junior level scientists with bioanalytical experimental design and troubleshooting.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with knowledge of bioanalytical LC-MS approaches in respect of method optimisation and development for novel chemical entities.
- Proficient in operating and trouble-shooting LC-MS/MS systems and HRMS systems.
- Experience of performing bioanalytical assays including blood/plasma, urine, or tissues by various sample preparation approaches.
- Ideally experience of generation of NCA pharmacokinetic parameters and some knowledge of absorption, distribution, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics.
- Some CRO, biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in discovery bioanalytical DMPK.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
1) Your CV
2) Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker Visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, Lever, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.