Associate Principal/Principal Scientist - Computational Chemistry - Nottingham or Alderley Park
Nottingham or Alderley Park /
Computational Chemistry – Computational Chemistry /
Sygnature Discovery are at the forefront of our scientific research, driving projects with the latest scientific software and cloud-based technology, solving challenging problems for our clients. As part of our success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic computational chemists to join the organisation at either our Nottingham or Alderley Park locations.
This role would suit somebody with an established profile in computational chemistry who now wishes to make a first step into a line management role.
- You will have a PhD in computational chemistry or a related discipline.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years industry experience but preferably more.
- Experience of applying comp chem at multiple points along the drug discovery pipeline.
- At least some line management experience preferred, but potential to lead more important.
- CRO or major pharma experience preferred, but not essential.
- Familiar pitching work to customers, internal or external.
- Ability to create compelling content for quoting and reporting.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Substantial AI/ML experience on drug discovery projects.
- Broad network of contacts in the drug discovery industry.
- Demonstrable experience based on patent and publication record.
- Genuinely interested in new technology and confident to apply it on projects
- To help recruit, mentor and manage four or more computational chemists.
- To work with customers to understand their needs and translate these into credible project proposals.
- To lead the delivery of customer computational work to a routinely high standard.
- To fully exploit access to leading edge computational chemistry technology.
- Contribute to marketing and scientific communications in the area of computational chemistry
- Contribute to training within the computational chemistry group.
- Contribute to the computational chemistry leadership team and the future direction of the group.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development. So far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, in 2020 the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award, and in 2021 the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
1) Your CV
2) A covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker Visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, Lever, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.