Associate Principal/Principal Scientist - Computational Chemistry - Alderley Park
Alderley Park, Cheshire
Computational Chemistry – Computational Chemistry /
Full time /
Sygnature Discovery is a world-leading integrated drug discovery Contract Research Organisation based in the UK and Canada with its headquarters in Nottingham and additional facilities in Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Glasgow, Montreal and Quebec City. Its staff of over 1,000, which includes 900 scientists, partners with global pharma, biotech and NFP organisations.
Since 2004, Sygnature Discovery has delivered over 40 novel pre-clinical and 22 clinical compounds, with its scientists named on over 170 patents. Therapeutic areas of expertise include oncology, inflammation and immunology, neuroscience, metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, fibrotic diseases and more. To find out more, please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
About the Role:
Looking to advance your career in computational chemistry?
As part of Sygnature Discovery’s success and continued expansion, we are looking for innovative and enthusiastic computational chemists to join the organisation at either our Nottingham or Alderley Park locations.
This role would suit somebody with an established profile in computational chemistry who now wishes to make a first step into a line management role. Our success has been fuelled by the recruitment of the highest calibre of scientists, and we’re always on the lookout for the best talent to drive our continued growth.
But why work for us?
- Computational Chemists at Sygnature Discovery are at the forefront of our scientific research work, driving projects with the latest scientific software and cloud-based technology, solving challenging problems for our clients.
- You will be part of an expanding group at the forefront of applying new software and techniques to drug discovery projects.
- You will work on integrated drug discovery projects with some of the most high profile global biotech and pharma.
- Teamwork and communication are as important as the science we do – how we interact and communicate with our clients is part of our success.
- We foster a culture of collective responsibility and communal working. If you’re challenged by a problem, your project team, department and the company will support you to find a solution.
- You will develop drug discovery knowledge by formal training, conference attendance and project experience.
- You will be involved with a range of the new modalities such as protacs, molecular glues, macrocycles and other beyond rule of 5 compounds.
- You will learn about and apply new and emerging free energy methods to calculate binding energies on projects datasets.
- We want you to have a long and rewarding career at Sygnature. We can offer a challenging, stimulating and fulfilling role in a sociable team that’s passionate about drug discovery. It’s an extremely motivating and humbling experience to discover a lifesaving drug.
- To help recruit, mentor and manage four or more computational chemists.
- To work with customers to understand their needs and translate these into credible project proposals.
- To lead the delivery of customer computational work to a routinely high standard.
- To fully exploit access to leading edge computational chemistry technology.
- To contribute to marketing and scientific communications in the area of computational chemistry
- To contribute to training within the computational chemistry group.
- To contribute to the computational chemistry leadership team and the future direction of the group.
- A PhD in computational chemistry or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience but preferably more.
- Experience of applying comp chem at multiple points along the drug discovery pipeline.
- At least some line management experience preferred, but potential to lead is more important.
- CRO or major pharma experience preferred, but not essential.
- Familiar pitching work to customers, internal or external.
- Ability to create compelling content for quoting and reporting.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Substantial AI/ML experience on drug discovery projects.
- Broad network of contacts in the drug discovery industry.
- Demonstrable experience based on patent and publication record.
- Genuinely interested in new technology and confident to apply it on projects.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
1) Your CV
2) Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker Visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, Lever, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.