Associate Director or Principal Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry (Drug Discovery Programmes)
Alderley Park, Cheshire /
Chemistry – Chemistry /
Senior medicinal chemists play a key role at Sygnature Discovery with Associate Directors and Principal Scientists providing senior oversight to our multi-disciplinary drug discovery project teams. We are looking for a highly experienced medicinal chemistry leader to join Sygnature as an Associate Director or Principal Scientist, to provide project direction and guidance as part of the department’s leadership team at Alderley Park. This person will play a key role in the rapid expansion of the department and will bring with them the leadership skills to support and strengthen the department through that period of growth.
- You will have a PhD in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry and will be able to provide senior input into both areas of expertise.
- You will have a broad background of leading drug discovery projects gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with significant industry drug discovery experience.
- You will have extensive interdisciplinary knowledge of drug discovery.
- You will be able to successfully collaborate with cross-functional partners (Bioscience, DMPK, Computational Chemistry, in vivo) to define strategies for drug discovery programmes from HTS lead generation to hit-to-lead and/or lead optimization phases.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- You will be highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have experience of leading a team through change and you will be able to provide mentorship and proactively support the professional development of line reports and colleagues.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development. So far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade, in 2020 the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award, and in 2021 the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
1) Your CV
2) A covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker Visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, Lever, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at email@example.com. Please do not submit your application to this email address.