Associate Principal/Principal Scientist - DMPK
DMPK – DMPK /
Sygnature Discovery is a world-leading integrated drug discovery Contract Research Organisation based in the UK and Canada with its headquarters in Nottingham and additional facilities in Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Glasgow, Montreal and Quebec City. Its staff of over 1,000, which includes 900 scientists, partners with global pharma, biotech and NFP organisations.
Since 2004, Sygnature Discovery has delivered over 40 novel pre-clinical and 22 clinical compounds, with its scientists named on over 170 patents. Therapeutic areas of expertise include oncology, inflammation and immunology, neuroscience, metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, fibrotic diseases and more. To find out more, please visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com.
About the Role:
Looking to advance your career in in vitro DMPK?
At Sygnature Discovery, our DMPK scientists play an essential role in supporting integrated drug discovery projects covering a broad range of molecular targets and therapeutic indications. Our DMPK department continues to grow in order to support our portfolio of clients and we now need an experienced in vitro DMPK expert to lead a group of scientists as a subject matter expert in the execution of discovery DMPK studies.
Why work for us?
- You will work from modern, state-of-the-art laboratories and solve challenging problems for our clients.
- Our global clients range from big pharma and biotechs to academic and charitable organisations.
- Teamwork and communication are as important as the science we do – how we interact and communicate with our clients is part of our success.
- We foster a culture of collective responsibility and communal working. If you’re challenged by a problem, your project team, department and the company will support you to find a solution.
- We want you to have a long and rewarding career at Sygnature. We can offer a challenging, stimulating and fulfilling role in a sociable team that’s passionate about drug discovery. It’s an extremely motivating and humbling experience to discover a lifesaving drug.
- You will lead a group of scientists as a subject matter expert in the execution of discovery DMPK studies.
- You’ll work as part of Sygnature’s integrated drug discovery teams on projects with Chemistry, bioscience, computational chemistry, and in-vivo colleagues as the DMPK project representative.
- You will take a leading role in troubleshooting issues as they arise, be responsible and accountable for assay validations and automation and the assessment of new methodologies and technologies.
- You will take an active role in the recruitment and retention of key talent to maintain a high-performing team.
- You will offer support to business development activities in order to grow the business.
- You will hold a B.Sc. with M.Sc. (and preferably a Ph.D.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related discipline.
- You will possess a thorough knowledge of absorption, distribution, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics obtained within the pharmaceutical industry together with an excellent working knowledge of the drug discovery process.
- You will be able to demonstrate leadership and project management skills.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- For a Principal Scientist, a minimum of 7-10 years of biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in discovery DMPK is essential.
- Appointment as an Associate Principal Scientist will be considered for excellent candidates with less experience who demonstrate the potential to progress.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and private medical insurance. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature as it is important to us that you share in our success.
We also recognise that the environment you work in is a priority, so we have built a collaborative and supportive culture with plenty of opportunities to grow and succeed, tailored to individual and business needs. This includes an excellent set of bespoke training and development courses to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you’re interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
1) Your CV
2) Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker Visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted partners, Lever, but only employees of Sygnature Discovery will review your application and personal data.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit your application to this email address.