Market Strategist (FTC)
London, England /
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded just 2 years ago, Sylvera has now scaled to over 140 employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve also collaborated with leading institutions - University College London and UCLA.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
We’re looking for a Market Strategist (12 months FTC) to join our Commercial organization and level up our in-house expertise of our buyers and their industries. The role itself will be a mix of:
(i) fundamental market and segment analysis with the goal of informing commercial planning
(ii) segment-specific value proposition engineering
(iii) deep research on various trends within carbon markets.
To drive your work, you’ll engage with data (both public and proprietary Sylvera data) our sales, marketing, product, engineering and policy teams and external stakeholders across key industries. Your work will inform our Commercial Leadership’s strategic decision-making and enable our Sales and Marketing teams to effectively communicate our value to prospective buyers and allow our users to get the most from our expanding suite of products and services.
For our target industries and organizations, you’ll be responsible for:
- Researching and analyzing client and industry vertical business models and organizational structures and their implications for our Commercial strategy
- Mapping the roles and responsibilities of decision-makers relevant to our business
- Understanding Net Zero and carbon decision-making drivers in the business models of multiple industry verticals
- Working with our Policy team to map Industry- or geo-specific policies or regulations, and understand their implications for our clients
After conducting this research and analysis, you’ll develop industry-specific playbooks and value propositions for our commercial teams. You’ll use these to train our broader Commercial organization and distribution partners and translate them into relevant collateral (ie slides for sales decks).
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Approximately 3-5 years of management consulting experience
- Intellectually curious, independently-minded, strong analytical ability and excellent written communication skills
- Able and willing to dive deep, and then distill in simple terms, a complex asset, sector, and regulatory landscape
- A self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
- We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
- Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
- The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate With Kindness
- Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.