London, England /
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded just 2 years ago, Sylvera has now scaled to over 100 employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve also collaborated with leading institutions - University College London and UCLA.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our QA team at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven, QA Engineer to join our QA function and champion quality within Engineering.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with both our product and development teams to help deliver quality solutions
- Bringing a pro-active quality mindset to the design of new features
- Leading the test effort on changes, both directly and through the ongoing education of those less experienced in the craft
- Contributing to ongoing efforts to automate simple and repetitive tasks
- Utilising the information available to you to help refine our processes
- Those who are successful will progress quickly, either as individual contributors or following a management path.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage start-up experience
- Has a positive attitude when it comes to problem-solvingIsn’t afraid to challenge the status quo
- Has a pragmatic approach to getting things done
- Understands the impact and risks associated with automation
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Salaries benchmarked to the top 25% of the industry
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Summer Fridays - 1pm finish every Friday in July & August
- Enhanced parental leave
- Monthly Team Lunches
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London/Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with Kindness
Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.