London, England /
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded just 2 years ago, Sylvera has now scaled to over 100 employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve also collaborated with leading institutions - University College London and UCLA.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Commercial team at pace and hiring an exceptional Sales Engineering team to support the growth of the company. We’re looking for mission-driven SEs to support the technical aspects of our sales cycle.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Account Executives on delivering clear understanding of our product and technical offering to prospects
- Strategize with Account Executives on deal progression and client acquisition
- Conduct technical conversations with C-level and VP-level Executives to address sustainability goals
- Work with existing customers to drive usage and understanding of the ratings
- Continuously maintain and update CRM
In the role you will:
- Become fluent in each aspect of our project rating system
- Develop expertise in the analytical steps we take to assess the additionality, permanence, and co-benefits of each project and product type
- Develop strong commercial skills to support the sales cycle
- Partner with our product & marketing teams to synthesise the analytical and technical information into digestible, compelling content for our prospects
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- 1-2 years experience in product focused or carbon market role
- Loves understanding and learning the technical detail that drive complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Salaries benchmarked to the top 25% of the industry
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London/Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with Kindness
Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.