New York /
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded just 2 years ago, Sylvera has now scaled to over 140 employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve also collaborated with leading institutions - University College London and UCLA.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our sales team at pace - you will be one of first hires in the US. We’re looking for mission-driven, target-oriented account executives to join our commercial function and bring onboard the next 100+ Sylvera customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Build and own a territory of large enterprise customers
- Develop and execute outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish and grow relationships with multiple stakeholders within our prospects to drive to close
- Help optimise our sales process and provide quality feedback from prospects to our product team
- Those who are successful will progress quickly, either as senior individual contributors or following a sales management path.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage start-up experience
- Is target oriented with a track record of succeeding in mid-market or enterprise SaaS sales
- Is an empathetic relationship builder internally and externally
- Can autonomously generate leads, qualify opportunities and close deals
- Has a hunger to learn, be coached and become a world-class salesperson
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Commuting distance to NYC (with access to a NYC based office)
Our Values 🙌
- We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
- Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
- The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate With Kindness
- Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.