Ratings Production Analyst
Belgrade, Serbia /
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded just 2 years ago, Sylvera has now scaled to over 100 employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve also collaborated with leading institutions - University College London and UCLA.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What's my impact? 👩💻👨💻
Having found an early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Rating Production team at pace. In this role, you will produce ratings that will influence which offsetting projects get funded and at what price - which has enormous environmental and financial consequences! These ratings sit at the core of Sylvera’s product, and providing a wide enough coverage of the voluntary carbon market is one of the core priorities for the company.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Learn the latest proprietary methodologies released by our Ratings Framework team
- Become a domain expert at the framework you’re assigned to, knowing all the intricacies of that methodology
- Work within a squad of exceptional talent, and collaborate to produce high-quality ratings that sit at the core of Sylvera’s product
- Pick up the skills and tools you need to succeed at your job - using a broad blend of qualitative and quantitative skills
- Write high-quality summaries of ratings, that enable our clients to understand the reasoning behind our ratings, and empower them to transact with confidence
- Helping in documentation and training of new Production Analysts
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Prior experience in one of the following:
- Renewable energy
- Nature-based solutions
- Ability to make judgement calls and assess the ratio of time required for additional research vs. material impact on the rating
- High quality verbal and written communication - you’ll be writing content that will influence huge decisions
- Excellent time-management skills, and ability to easily adapt to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly ramp up to become a mentor for more junior levels
- We are looking for someone ready to consistently add value to team meetings and come up with challenging counter- points in order to drive improvement and help the team grow
Nice to have but not required
- Familiarity with basic scripting languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Background (academic or professional) in environmental legislation
- Experience working with GIS
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Salaries benchmarked to the top 25% of the industry
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London/Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with Kindness
Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.