Strategic Climate Consulting Lead
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of leading minds in climate change from scientists to policy, finance and carbon market experts. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York, Belgrade and Singapore. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
We’re looking for a mission-driven Strategic Climate Consulting Lead to join our Strategic Accounts team to lead the day to day execution of client projects and collaborate to deliver on commercial goals and further our climate impact.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Be a strategic partner for our largest enterprise clients, supporting them to generate and capture value from our data and products across multiple teams, service lines and geographies
- Lead design and execution of projects leveraging our policy, subject matter experst, product and engineering teams, to meet milestones on time and deliver real and sustainable economic value and climate impact for our clients
- Develop and roll out tools and processes to enable reporting on, and tracking of projects for client and Sylvera visibility
- Work to align value proposition, language, positioning, tools and assets with our sales enablement and our pre and post sales consultants supporting mid-market and non strategic enterprise accounts
- Collaborate with Product leadership to drive alignment of product development with market demands and customer feedback
- Collaborate with Customer Success and strategic account management to ensure that account development proceeds to plan
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Gets energy and satisfaction from collaborating deeply with internal and client teams to discover areas of need where we can unlock significant value.
- Has a demonstrated track record leading and coordinating cross-functional teams that deliver significant and sustained results for large and sophisticated clients
- Is happy to work autonomously to problem solve across concurrent projects - but pulling in and quarterbacking resources from across the business and beyond to get to the outcome
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Private Health Insurance and Life Assurance
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.