Life Cycle Analysis Senior Associate - CDR
London, England /
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
We produce the most accurate and trusted data about the carbon markets so that businesses and governments can confidently invest in, deliver, and report on real climate impact. Some of the world’s largest corporations, consultancies, and financial services institutions rely on Sylvera for their climate investment decisions.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $35m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found an early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our life cycle analysis team to support our carbon credit ratings platform. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Life Cycle Analysis practitioner to join our team.
As an LCA Senior Associate, you will serve as in-house technical expert for the development of tools and products responsible for conducting comprehensive analyses of the carbon impact of carbon removal (CDR) projects throughout their entire cradle-to-grave life cycle. This will have a huge impact on our ability to scale our carbon assessments. You will have the joy of creating scalable workflows and database management for the systematic lifecycle analysis of individual carbon removal projects.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work with our engineering team and wider cross-functional teams to develop and support systematic scalable LCA tools and workflows from scratch that will contribute to our carbon assessments
- Conduct life cycle assessments of carbon offset projects energy, materials, products and processes to identify carbon accounting impacts and support project rating due diligence
- Contribute to the development of specifications for the design and prototyping of an LCA toolset applied to customised carbon offset project type assessments.
- Analyse project reported LCA parameters and crosscheck against independent LCA database driven simulation models.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging trends in sustainability and life cycle analysis
- Provide training and support to internal teams to increase awareness of sustainability issues and best practices
- Running the LCA framework development to ensure delivery schedules are met
- Ensuring that QA processes work well to maintain our status as the markets most trusted data provider
- Contribute to the design and development of our ratings framework and production system, alongside our head of ratings frameworks, head of ratings production, production system lead, quality and engineering teams
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Deep subject matter expertise related to LCA development across methodologies, tools, and databases (eg. ecoinvent), alongside industry experience conducting life cycle assessments and implementing sustainability initiatives.
- Familiar with quantitative tools (Sheets, Python).
- Familiar with product development engineering.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental science, engineering, sustainability, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex data and findings to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with project management and cross-functional team collaboration.
- Passion for sustainability and a desire to make a positive impact.
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.