Technical Product Manager
London, England /
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. We do this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes - and then we visualise that data to our customers.
We believe the transparency Sylvera provides will enable carbon markets to have a more positive impact on the world in a shorter space of time. This will be critical in keeping the planet under 2C of warming and provide huge wider benefits to nature and society.
Founded just 2 years ago, Sylvera has now scaled to over 140 employees across the world and has raised over $30m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve also collaborated with leading institutions - University College London and UCLA.
We're on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years - we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Product team at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven Product Manager to join our Internal Tooling & Data function and bring an enthusiasm for the continuous improvement of the processes which underpin Sylvera’s core functions. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with stakeholders from our Ratings Production team to understand and prioritise key requirements.
- Working with the Senior PM and a cross-functional team to design appropriate solutions.
- Managing the agile development of those solutions to agreed milestones as part of a product-engineering squad.
- Delivering key components of an integrated production line which enables Sylvera to scale
- Identifying opportunities to further optimise our internal systems with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has a background in a technical discipline with a focus on environmental sustainability
- Experience in the delivery of data-driven systems and digital transformation
- Between 2 - 4 years experience working in product management
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earthIs a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
- Remote GMT +/-3 (with access to an office in London/Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Our business is built on revealing truths and debunking misperceptions.
Do What’s Right - Even When It’s Hard
The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate With Kindness
Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
- We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
- Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.