Head of Product Design
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
We’re looking for a mission-driven Head of Product Design to join our Product function to lead and build a world class design organisation, shape and mature our craft, and work hand-in-hand with Product, and Engineering teams to make user-centric and business-impactful decisions. This is a really exciting opportunity for you to be the voice for design in a company at the forefront of climate impact, leading a critical team which has a huge impact on the company.
You'll need a blend of conceptual thinking, user value focus, design craft and fearless leadership to drive real world impact through meaningful and memorable work. Of course, you’ll Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our product, market, and competitors to ensure our design solutions are innovative and effective.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Product Design team and oversee all aspects of product design, including interaction design, information architecture, writing, visual design, service design, design systems, and prototyping.
- Being willing to get hands dirty and get involved in specific initiative where necessary
- Define and maintain design standards and the design system to ensure consistency and quality across all products and platforms. Be a foundational partner in levelling up our design system and UX practice and infrastructure.
- Partner with Product and Engineering Leadership to create a shared UX culture and practice across teams.
- Coach, hire and, and mentor an ambitious team of product designers, providing guidance, support and interventional assistance to ensure they meet their goals and objectives. Be a strong ally in developing their career and craft.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth.
- Proven experience in a 'hands-on' product design leadership role with the responsibility of executing at every stage of the design lifecycle from research to ideation.
- Proven experience in ownership and delivery of design systems.
- Previous experience of leading a designing B2B platforms in a high growth, venture backed startup, fintech desirable.
- Proven experience leading and developing a design team.
- Understanding of key business metrics and data, as well as how it connects to design.
- Great track record for working closely with product designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Loves to spend time with users and customers alongside product and commercial
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience.
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.