Lead Frontend Engineer
The world’s leading brands trust Symphony Commerce as their partner in opening and growing online sales channels. The platform we build provides brands a single tool that orchestrates the entire flow of commerce from the online store through delivery, including inventory and fulfillment. Unlike most commerce offerings, our focus is creating a platform where it’s easy to create a customized and scalable commerce experience.
As a Lead Frontend Engineer at Symphony, you will be a technical lead within our Site Experience team. While each of our teams focuses on a different part of the e-commerce supply chain, we’re all focused on engineering ahead of our growth. That means working with teams across our company to develop our next generation of internal services, helping us develop the site front experience and real time data infrastructure needed to help brands engage with their customers across the globe, and working to help us design our configurable, extensible developer tooling.
- Lead technical decision making and design for your team, working closely with our principal engineers as well as senior executives to define our technical roadmap
- Coach and mentor our junior team members as they learn to deal with higher scale and more complex challenges
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- 3+ years developing large, multi-tenant SaaS technologies.
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Passion to find (and help others seek) elegantly simple solutions to often complex problems in an environment where speed to market matters
- Experience with both relational (MySQL) and non-relational databases (Dynamo, Mongo, etc.)
- Good communication skills, particularly when it comes to mentoring other aspiring engineers
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Place trust in your coworkers, support ideas with data, and adjust your approach as needed.
- Ask for advice, don’t assume you have all the answers, seek to learn something new every week.
- Learn to see the world through your customer’s eyes. Ensure your work has had the right impact, and be a constant advocate for fixing bugs and making improvements, however small.
- Speak up when you see a risk, are getting behind, or need help and encourage others to do the same.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement (401k)
- Free catered meals and office snacks
- Central location in SoMa
- Great people
- Dogs (bring your own or borrow one of ours)
We pride ourselves on a culture where we can move quickly, as do most startups. What differentiates us is that we what we do isn’t defined purely with software - there is a tangible intersection with the real world, and what we do here has a major impact on the success of other established and emerging brands.