Senior Brand Engineer
The Brand Engineering team acts as an engineering liaison between clients and Symphony Commerce. The team is responsible for the design, architecture and implementation of strategic client-focused initiatives and internal developer tools. This is a hands-on role where you will work directly with Symphony’s largest clients and to develop and implement projects that extend and enhance the Symphony platform for company-specific use cases.
As a Senior Brand Engineer at Symphony, you’ll be the technical lead for client-facing projects and will work closely with the Symphony Platform team to incorporate work you develop that is useful for multiple clients into our core product. This means tackling hard problems that haven’t been solved yet and building the solutions at scale. To succeed, you’ll need to be a smart, driven engineer who is passionate about the client experience and willing to take ownership of large, strategic, goals and work with our broader group to implement them.
- Architect, develop, and implement large-scale, full stack applications for enterprise-level brands (e.g. build a warehouse integration, integrate new search functionality into sites, or implement a transactional email system)
- Interface directly with all client stakeholders (analysts up to C-level), by providing proactive and accurate communication
- Develop and roll-out process improvements and tooling on both the technical and client-management side
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers, coaching them to tackle more and more complex challenges and play a key role in increasing the team’s efficiency
- Work with senior leadership to provide key insights / trends on development needs
- 6+ years of experience architecting and developing enterprise-level, full-stack applications
- 3+ years in a client-facing roles, leading technical projects and implementations for enterprise-level clients
- 2+ years experience mentoring junior and mid-level engineers on best practices and development processes
- Advanced knowledge of back-end, scaleable systems (e.g.: Java, Node.js)
- Fluency in both relational (e.g.: MySQL) and non-relational databases (e.g.: Dynamo, Mongo, etc.)
Why Work Here
- Competitive compensation structure
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- 401K plan
- Members of the One Medical network
- Fully stocked kitchen and bar
- Dog friendly office
- Excellent work/life balance
- Be a part of the Commerce revolution with us
We help good brands become great! Symphony Commerce simplifies the way businesses sell online. Our proprietary platform eliminates the need for multiple technologies and vendors to deliver a beautifully branded experience every time. Shopping on our websites is faster, easier, and provides seamless customer transactions including fulfillment, shipping, and communications. Our results redefine ecommerce as a service: suddenly, businesses can affordably deliver shopping experiences previously unachievable by mid-market brands. With Symphony, brands get a comprehensive solution that integrates multi-channel ecommerce technology with best-in-class commerce infrastructure. They also enjoy transparent pricing, significant cost savings (with no upfront fees) and a platform that scales seamlessly with growth.
** Principals only Recruiters need not apply **