Senior Software Engineer
The world’s leading brands trust Symphony Commerce as their partner in opening and growing online sales channels. The platform we build provides brands a single tool that orchestrates the entire flow of commerce from the online store through delivery, including inventory and fulfillment. Unlike most commerce offerings, our focus is creating a platform where it’s easy to create a customized and scalable commerce experience.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Symphony, you’ll be the primary technical lead within our merchandising, order management and payments, or fulfillment team (we’ve got a lot of opportunity!) While each of our teams focuses on a different part of the ecommerce supply chain, we’re all focused on engineering ahead of our growth. That means working with teams across our company to develop our next generation of internal services, helping us develop the real time data infrastructure needed to help brands monitor and manage their business across the globe, and working to help us design our large-scale supply chain optimization algorithms.
Our goal at Symphony is to build our next generation of leaders from inside our team, so if you’re interested in taking the next step in your career, while remaining hands on for a while, this is a great opportunity to do so.
- Prototype, develop, and deploy dynamically scaled services to handle our site front, order management, and fulfillment orchestration platforms
- Lead technical decision making and design for your team, working closely with our principal engineers as well as senior executives to define our technical roadmap
- Coach and mentor our junior team members as they learn to deal with higher scale and more complex challenges
- At least 4 years experience developing large, enterprise-scale applications (the language is up to you, but Java or Python is a plus)
- Experience designing and developing event driven microservices (and things like Kafka or AWS SNS and SQS)
- Passion to find (and help others seek) elegantly simple solutions to often complex problems in an environment where speed to market matters
- Experience with both relational (MySQL) and non-relational databases (Dynamo, Mongo, etc.)
- Good communication skills, particularly when it comes to mentoring other aspiring engineers
- Place trust in your coworkers, support ideas with data, and adjust your approach as needed.
- Ask for advice, don’t assume you have all the answers, seek to learn something new every week.
- Learn to see the world through your customer’s eyes. Ensure your work has had the right impact, and be a constant advocate for fixing bugs and making improvements, however small.
- Speak up when you see a risk, are getting behind, or need help and encourage others to do the same.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement (401k)
- Free catered meals and office snacks
- Central location in SoMa
- Great people