BSA Analyst - Transaction Monitoring
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the alert workload and the monitoring for suspicious patterns/activity and fraud, conduct suspicious activity report investigations, as well as high risk customer/account reviews, and recommend when to file and not file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews which entails research, the gathering of documents, composing a well written narrative, making appropriate recommendations, and assigning appropriate risk factors.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of all Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) within the regulatory deadline of 15 days.
- Perform 90-day SAR follow up reviews; recommending whether continuing activity SAR should be completed.
- Ensure proper identification and adherence to the Synapse’s BSA Program including, but not limited to; CIP, CDD/EDD/BO, OFAC and record keeping and retention requirements.
- Monitor potential OFAC matches and take appropriate action to escalate them when necessary.
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the compliance of 314(a) and 314(b) responsibilities.
- Work with stakeholders to drive process improvements that will impact internal and external customers.
What You Will Bring
- 2-3+ years of banking/fintech/startup experience with exposure to BSA/OFAC/Fraud.
- Demonstrable, hands-on experience with the tools Hummingbird or Unit21 is a MUST have for this role.
- Knowledgeable of BSA/AML Legal requirements and bank policies and procedures; and demonstrate increasing levels of aptitude and mastery over assigned departmental tasks, i.e., Bank Secrecy (BSA), Customer Information Program/Know Your Customer (CIP/KYC), and/or other applicable federal regulations.
- Demonstrated transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios.
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources and to design/construct/execute complex analyses to come up with data/reports that help solve the business problems.
- Ability to achieve both immediate and short-term goals with appropriate supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) is preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast-moving environment with continuous change.
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.