Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for machine learning engineers to help us build an automated backoffice. In traditional banks, back offices are filled with humans. Their job usually is to verify physical documents (like government issued IDs, proof of address, proof of income documents etc), fill out forms, and search for people on google (no joke) and other sites.
Instead of using people, we want to use machines to do these things. Here is our reasoning behind this: If we can automate the back office, then we won't have costs associated with customers like traditional banks. We would be able to offer state of the art finance products to everyone at a low cost, regardless of their bank balance. (Usually banks charge monthly management fees to people with lower bank balance, aka people with lower socioeconomic status - we want to break that cycle).
Check this out: https://medium.com/synapsefi/insto-instant-account-opening-a2aac88bc0dd. Everything here uses machine learning, from instant government ID verification, to video authentication to social media verification. These are the kind of tools you will be building.
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should have:
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- Experience with Python, with strong love for writing tests
- Experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch, Numpy
- Experience with working on computer vision or NLP problems
- Ability to write clean, reliable code that can be easily maintained
- Ability to solve problems and identify areas of improvement
- Along with Python, we use flask to build APIs, docker to containerize them, rancher to deploy and orchestrate, AWS to host, CircleCI to test (and obviously Github in between all this). So experience with this stack is a plus, but not a necessity. These things are easy to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics and/or a related field.
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- $90K - $140K
- 0.0% - 0.007%
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.