Senior Data Analyst
Regular - Full Time
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, and credit products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit and credit products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to spearhead analysis and provide meaningful insights to the engineering and executive team. The Data Analyst will leverage data to build dashboards, answer key business questions, and tell compelling stories. This person will conduct in-depth analysis of our data, report on key metrics, and provide recommendations that will have a direct impact in shaping future product development and company initiatives. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual who loves working with and analyzing data.
What You Will Do
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth explorations of our datasets
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to uncover new business opportunities and better understand the levers of the business
- Build dashboard to measure existing products, support new product launches, A/B testing, ramp-up recommendations and root cause investigation
- Leverage new techniques to investigate our data and incorporate external information to boost our knowledge of this market
- Communicate complicated data findings in a clear and concise manner to our multi-disciplined teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders including product, compliance, marketing, finance etc. on initiatives that improve our company-level KPIs and match our business priorities
- Ad-hoc analysis to address urgent high impact analysis for business stakeholders
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of industry quantitative analyses experience to build data-driven products for solving business problems
- Familiarity with Product Analytics - understanding and tracking customer and user behavior using lenses like adoption, churn, cohorts and funnel analysis
- Experience collaborating with and understanding the needs of stakeholders from a variety of business functions, including product, marketing, finance and so on
- Proficient in No-SQL and/or other data query languages,
- Good knowledge of python is required
- Experience of handling large scale data with efficiency
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous development of the back-end management of a Business Intelligence tool (i.e. Tableau, Looker, domo etc)
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech preferred
- Previous work on evaluating product iterations or experiments required
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.