VP of People
San Francisco, CA /
We are looking for a VP of People who will be a hands-on HR professional, developing and executing day-to-day operations associated with People practices and culture across all functional areas including onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, recruiting and internal communications, with a key focus on developing and unifying our people practices.
The VP of People will be responsible for developing the People infrastructure that supports organizational growth. At Synapse, our mission is to accelerate democratization of best-in-class financial products for everybody. In addition to daily responsibilities, we'd love for our VP of People to keep up-to-date with Synapse's development and have a general understanding of our products and services.
Duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Partner and nurture the executive team to maintain and support the culture through company growth
- Partnering with the organization to develop and scale a Performance management process/program (we use CultureAmp)
- Ongoing coaching and counsel to managers related to employee concerns, company programs, development, etc.
- Manage employee relations and investigations within the organization
- Provide employees and managers with advice and counsel on employee relations issues
- Partnering with the executive team and managers on organization design and development
- Driving the employee orientation and management training programs
- Develop and manage with the executive team processes to promote internal employee communication
- Managing and developing the Benefit Program & Strategy; designing a competitive program for employees
- Emanating the Compensation Philosophy and administration associated with compensation, equity, and 401K plans
- Develop and implement a recruiting strategy, which supports the organization’s growth.
- Build out and hire the HR team to support the organization.
- Develop key HR metrics
- Manage and collaborate with legal counsel on all immigration issues (visa and green card sponsorship, visa requests, etc.)
- Ensure the company is aligned with employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
In order to be successful at Synapse, you should have:
- An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting passion to deliver the best service possible
- A data driven and analytical mindset that challenges usual conventions
- The ability to implement feedback, learn quickly, and contribute new ideas
- A general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive future for humanity
- 6+ years in a Director/VP of People, HR Director, and/or HRBP capacity
- At least 3 years of experience as the primary HR point-of-contact within a high-growth company or startup, preferably in the technology industry
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, management coaching, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Detail and action-oriented individual with a passion for implementation Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment.
- Previous experience working with executives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering training to organizations.
- Domain knowledge in the different areas of HR: Benefits; Organization Design; HRIS Payroll; Compensation, Rewards and Retention
- Solid knowledge of HR compliance and regulations within the US and specifically - California.
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work (when the world opens up!)
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.