Security Audits & Assessments Manager
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
This Security Audits & Assessments Manager role will be an integral part of our Compliance team to assist Synapse in evaluating risks and controls for regulatory compliance areas. These areas include our Bank Partner Assessments, Data Aggregator Assessment, SOC Type 1 and Type 2 Review, PCI Compliance Assessment, ACH Review and other regulations applicable to Synapse. This person will work closely with our VP of Compliance with responsibilities for managing assessments, including performing risk assessments, and reporting audit results.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with system administrators to complete security assessments initiated by our banking and FinTech partners
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key business partners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with system administrators to discuss computer data access and controls, to identify security threats and violations, and to identify and recommend needed programming or process changes
- Use data encryption, firewalls, and other appropriate security tools and applications to conceal and protect transfers of confidential digital information
- Develop and implement plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure; adheres to emergency data processing needs
- Review violations of security procedures; provides training to ensure violations do not recur
- Monitor and restrict access to sensitive, confidential, or other high-security data
- Modify security files and applications as able and necessary to provide specialized access, allow new software to be installed or integrated, or correct errors
- Perform risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures
- Safeguard system security and improve overall server and network efficiency by training users and promoting security awareness
- Determine when to update virus protection systems by monitoring current reports of computer viruses; facilitate or perform needed updates
- Contribute to controls deficiency evaluation process
- Deliver high quality assessment reports in a timely manner, including vetting issues with business owners and key stakeholders
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plans for issues identified. Manage the follow-up activities for remediation
- Stay abreast of latest developments in security regulations and understand their impact to business to feed into the development of risk controls
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge on changes within the organization and identify the relevant regulatory and operational risks
What You Will Bring
- An undergraduate degree in IT security or a related business field.
- 5 years of Fintech or financial services-related security experience, with subject matter security compliance experience
- Ability to build relationships with clients and teammates.
- Familiarity and experience with data analytics and analysis tools and techniques is a plus
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the capability to manage multiple projects and deal with change with a positive attitude
- Proactive, high-energy and strong interpersonal skills with a team-focused attitude, demonstrating the ability to collaborate and compromise while building effective relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.